Use of Library Technology
All users of Library technology, both on and off campus, are subject to the responsibilities and policies established by the Information Security & Privacy Office. Library technology includes printers, scanners, desktop & laptop computers, and electronic materials (online newspapers, journals, and databases) provided by the New School Libraries or its partner libraries.
- Users of New School IT resources must comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and university policies.
- Users may not use New School IT resources to gain (or attempt to gain) unauthorized access to anything.
- Users are responsible for any activity originating from their accounts. Users may not share their accounts or passwords with others.
- University employees may make incidental personal use of New School IT resources provided such use does not interfere with their job responsibilities or disrupt the work environment.
- Users may not use New School IT resources for commercial purposes other than those officially sanctioned by the university.
- Users may not use New School IT resources for political purposes in a manner that suggests the university itself is participating in campaign or political activity or fund raising, or influencing legislation.
- Users may not engage in activities that could negatively affect the functionality, security, integrity, or legitimate use of New School IT resources.
- New School faculty and staff may not automatically forward or redirect messages from an official New School email account to a non-university email address.
- Under certain conditions and with appropriate executive approval, The New School may monitor the activity and accounts of individual users of university IT resources.