The New School Libraries spaces are open. Check our website for Hours. The New School Libraries staff and virtual services via chat and Ask Us as well as access to online content remains available. We also offer:
- In-person book pick ups and returns
- Home delivery and shipping labels for returns
- Quiet study areas
- Bookable rooms
- Physical reserves (faculty, please see Course Reserves)
- Scanning services
- Desktop computers
- Laptops for checkout (FAQ)
- Printers and scanners (printing services also provided by IT)
The New School's New York City campus is welcomes visitors [alumni, consortium members, outside researchers (by appointment)] who are up-to-date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, including a booster when eligible. Individuals who wish to visit the Libraries must follow the University’s protocols.
The New School uses CLEAR'S Health Pass, an online tool that safely and simply verifies proof of COVID-19 vaccination, for visitors and guests to our campus. More information about guest access and CLEAR can be found here.
For access to libraries within our consortium:
- NYU’s Bobst Library - please see our FAQ.
- Cooper Union Library - Visitors need to show their college ID card and proof of vaccination and booster. They will sign in at the security desk and be required to wear an authorized mask at all times.
- NYSID Library - On the library website, click the ‘Email a Librarian’ link (under ‘Physical Hours’), and fill out the form. All visitors are required to submit their proofs of vaccination by email in advance, but booster shots are not required. All individuals are required to wear a well-fitted mask, such as the 3-ply surgical masks, KN95 masks or N95 masks. A cloth mask can only be worn over a surgical mask. Starting November 1st, NYSID will no longer require visitors and consortium users to submit their proofs of vaccination prior to their visits. They can come and use the NYSID Library without appointment. Moreover, masks are no longer required. Library hours for fall term are Monday-Thursday, 9am-9pm and Friday, 9am-5pm only.
For current and more detailed information on The New School Libraries services, please continue to chat and Ask Us (email@example.com).